Dell Expands Comprehensive Portfolio of VMware Solutions from Edge to the Core to the Cloud
Dell is announcing additional leading capabilities to its broad portfolio of VMware solutions, spanning from the edge to the core to the cloud. These new solutions and enhanced integrations are designed to help customers achieve IT transformation goals with a unified, seamless experience across PC and mobile devices, software-defined data centers, hyper-converged infrastructures and multi-cloud platforms.
According to ESG’s 2018 IT Transformation Maturity Study commissioned by Dell EMC and Intel, 88% of IT leaders said their companies are under pressure to deliver products and services faster. This requires having a more agile approach to IT. At many companies, the time it takes for a product or service to go from concept to general availability depends on where a company is on its IT transformation journey A more responsive IT department allows the business to respond more quickly to evolving external customer demands.i
“From the moment an employee first boots up their device, they’re generating information that can – and should – be used across the enterprise to make smarter, data-driven decisions. When technology infrastructure exists in siloes, businesses can’t outpace competitors, can’t grow and can’t scale,” said Jeff Clarke, vice chairman, Products and Operations, Dell Technologies. “Working together across the entire spectrum of IT infrastructure, Dell and VMware empower customers to clear unnecessary administrative tasks off IT to-do lists while making users happier and more productive.”
The benefits of the enhancements to Dell’s portfolio of VMware-based solutions include:
At the Edge:
- A ready-to-work experience enabling employees to boot up, log in, and be productive in minutes. Preconfigured apps and settings reduce time and resources associated with manual device imaging, repackaging and shipment. The Dell Provisioning for VMware Workspace ONE service enables automatic device setup and extends the efficiencies of cloud management to configuration and deployment.
- Simplified PC lifecycle management with expanded Dell PC-as-a-Service offerings for more customers and regions, including PCaaS for Business (20 to 300 units) and PCaaS for Enterprise (more than 300 units). Dell offers the latest PCs, deployment options - including Dell Provisioning for VMware Workspace ONE, software, peripherals, lifecycle services and financing – at a single, predictable price per seat per month.
- Scalability and stability with a consistent foundation from edge to distributed core to cloud with the new Dell IoT Solution for Surveillance, which automates scaling enterprises on day one with customer data, speeding up return on investment.
To the Core:
- Increase workload capacity, performance, scalability and control with the new Dell EMC VxRail G560, which delivers greater density in a 2U form factor. The Dell EMC VxRail G560 outperforms the previous Dell EMC VxRail G Series with 1.75X more cores; 2X increase in processing power; 4X more memory; and 3X capacity increase improvement in the boot device.
- Save time and lower operational expenses with synchronized Dell EMC VxRail Appliance and VMware vSAN update releases, so customers get the latest technology features as quickly as possible to rapidly address changing business needs.
- Continuous innovation and reduction of risk with Dell EMC VxRack SDDC engineered with Dell EMC VxRail E, P, V and now S Series models, all based on 14th generation PowerEdge servers.
- Faster time to production with the Dell EMC Networking Fabric Design Center, now including Dell EMC VxRail. The Fabric Design Center, an intuitive online tool, helps ensure the most efficient and effective networking design for deployment success.
- Investment protection with Dell EMC’s Future-Proof Loyalty Program protects customers’ core, edge and cloud investments, now including first-time HCI solution support with Dell EMC VxRail, for a set of advanced technology capabilities and programs that enable Dell EMC solutions to offer value for the entire lifetime of customers’ applications.
- Software-defined storage environment flexibility is further extended with Dell EMC vSAN Ready Nodes support on the new Dell EMC PowerEdge MX, which provides a highly flexible platform for vSAN Ready Nodes as HCI building blocks. The PowerEdge MX can hold up to eight vSAN Ready Nodes and help create a foundation for a self-sustained VMware Cloud Foundation cluster. It offers right-sized compute, storage and top-of-rack switching all in one high-density package, with the infrastructure managed through a single interface. The PowerEdge MX also supports SATA, SAS and NVMe storage devices, offering the cost benefits of storage tiering with VMware vSAN.
To the Cloud:
- Enhancements to Dell’s cloud-enabled infrastructure solutions and services portfolio are designed to help customers maximize the value of their IT ecosystem and multi-cloud environments. Read more about it here.
- Dell PC-as-a-Service for Business and Dell PC-as-a-Service for Enterprise are available today.
- The Dell EMC VxRail G560 is available today through Dell EMC and its partners.
- Dell Provisioning for VMware® Workspace ONE™ will be available Sept.12.
- The Dell EMC Networking Fabric Design Center is available today through Dell EMC and its partners and features Dell EMC VxRail.
- Dell EMC vSAN Ready Node for PowerEdge MX is available September 12, 2018.
- The synchronous releases between Dell EMC VxRail and VMware will be available starting in Q4 2018.
Source of information
Dell Inc. & Profibusiness.world